Wondering what you should be doing NOW to start preparing for your future beyond high school? I know it might seem early, but there are some very important things you should be doing to help prepare yourself. Click on the link below to see what those things are and see your school counselor if you have any questions. Do not delay, the time goes by so fast!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR JUNIORS
As you plan for the coming year and the future, you should be aware of the following events and dates.
· Attend the College Fair at OCC in March (exact date will be posted on the CNS Counseling Office website) Register at www.nacacnet.org/ncfstudent
· Create/Update a resume that lists academic honors, awards, community service, and activities (you should do this in Naviance)
· Visit the Career Center to check out the summer college programs and summer job opportunities that are available.
· Schedule college visits for Spring Break and weekends.
· Some colleges require the SAT II-Subject Tests. Register for this test, if needed.
· On Naviance, update your list of “Colleges You Are Thinking About”
· Think about what teachers you would like to ask to write your Letters of recommendation for College Applications (most four year colleges will require two letters of recommendation)
· Continue to set up college visits and interviews
· By September, finalize your list of colleges to no more than five colleges
· Register for the Oct. ACT and/or Nov. SAT if needed
**LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION ARE NOT NEEDED FOR ADMISSION TO OCC AND OTHER COMMUNITY COLLEGES**