Discrimination, Harassment, Bullying, and Cyber-Bullying Incident Reporting Protocol
North Syracuse Early Education Program students who need assistance with bullying, discrimination, and/or harassment can contact the following staff members:
|Parent Reporting||Parents who need assistance with bullying, discrimination, and harassment should take the following steps:
1. Contact your child’s teacher or counselor for assistance
2. Contact the Building Principal if problem not resolved
3. Contact the Assistant Superintendent or Associate Superintendent if problem remains unresolved
4. Contact the Superintendent if the problem remains unresolved
|Counselors, Psychologists, and Social Workers||Phone||Administrators||Phone|
|Jill Prior, School Psychologist||315-218-2200||Dawn Hussein, Building Principal||315-218-2200|
|Kelle Santa, School Psychologist||315-218-2200|
|Leah Heath, School Social Worker||315-218-2200|
|Ms. Lisa Goldberg, District DASA Coordinator||315-218-2134|
- Student or adult files an incident report.
- School administration investigates incident within 48 hours.
- Parents are notified of the outcome of the investigation to the extent privacy rights allow.
- The incident and outcome of the investigation are documented.
- A determination will be made regarding whether the incident constitutes a violation of the Dignity for All Students Act and will be reported to NYSED accordingly.
- Corrective measures and/or disciplinary consequences will be administered if warranted.
- A follow up meeting will be held with students directly involved in any incident considered a DASA violation to determine if the issue is resolved or if further corrective action is necessary.
- Confidentiality will be maintained throughout the entire process.
DASA Incident Reporting Form