Student Parking Information
Class of 2023 - Seniors - we are looking forward to a safe year in our parking lots! Please be careful out there and drive slowly!
Seniors can apply for a permanent parking permit
Only students with a permanent parking permit are allowed to park on C-NS school grounds. Security checks all vehicles in the parking lots daily and any vehicles parked illegally will be towed at the owner’s expense.
- Seniors that have a valid driver’s license, a vehicle, and turned in their completed parking registration card to the House 2 Principal’s office are eligible for a permanent parking permit.
- Seniors can apply for a permanent parking permit anytime during their senior year when they get their driver’s license and a vehicle.
- The Parking Permit Registration card is available in the House 2 Principal’s office:
- Students need to fill in their name, homeroom and vehicle information.
- Students and parents must read all the rules and sign the registration card.
- When the registration card is complete bring it to security or the House 2 Principal’s office.
- Seniors will be given one numbered hang tag parking permit to be used all school year, don’t lose it.
- Hang the permit on the rear view mirror of the vehicle registered at C-NS.
- Park in any numbered space, first come first served.
- The Hang Tag number is assigned to that particular student - hang tags are not to be shared with other students.
- Security checks the parking lot daily to see that the number on the hang tag is registered to the vehicle/student at C-NS.
- If there is a vehicle change please give the new vehicle information to the House 2 Principal’s Office.
- Students with large vehicles/trucks are encouraged to park in the back row of the student lot.
- Eligibility requirements: In order to keep your parking permit throughout the school year, you will need to maintain at least a 70 average and not more than one failure, continue to be on track to graduate your senior year, report to school on time, and practice safe driving.
- BOCES students wishing to drive/park at BOCES have additional requirements. Report to the House I Principal’s office for details.
We reserve the right to limit the number of permanent parking permits issued due to traffic problems on Route 31. Students are encouraged to leave home early to avoid getting caught in traffic and being unexcused late to school.
Students who are allowed to drive and park in the student parking lot have been given a privilege. Failure to abide by the C-NS rules and regulations governing student parking will cause disciplinary action and/or this privilege to be revoked.
Rules to follow for parking at CNS:
- Do not drive recklessly on school grounds, cut in front of cars or buses, make “U turns” in driveways, Cicero Elementary or parking lots of businesses, and do not make illegal left-hand turns from the exit road.
- All traffic signs and traffic regulations must be observed, and the directions of the security officers must be obeyed.
- Students must drive safely and under the speed limit of 15-mph; pedestrians and school buses always have the right-of-way.
- Cars may only park in the student parking lot, not in the staff lots, visitors space, fire lanes, the side lot, or by the stadium.
- The driver of a vehicle is responsible for the behavior and conduct of all passengers in the vehicle. Both driver and passengers may be suspended for violations.
- CNS is not responsible for the vehicle or its contents.
- Cars may be searched if there warrants reasonable grounds to suspect drugs, alcohol, stolen property, or other illegal items might be present in the vehicle.
- If changing vehicles permanently, you must report to the House II Principal’s office with the new vehicle information.
- Notify security to temporarily drive an alternate vehicle.
- Vehicles towed for violation of these rules will be towed at the owner’s expense.