Welcome to the Native American Counseling Program!!
The Native American Grant Program of the North Syracuse Central School District is providing services to Native American students that are attending school within the district and who have filed the appropriate 506 forms.
One of the services being provided is FREE Tutoring to our Native American Students. Tutoring will:
- be open to grades K-12
- be provided by certified teachers
- take place at district schools or local libraries
- be for up to two hours per week
Once our Native American students reach 5th grade, they are assigned a Native American Counselor. The goal of this counselor is to help your student be academically successful throughout middle school, junior high, and high school. The counselor will also help to guide your student regarding college and career planning. Some of the activities that may be completed with your child can include:
- monitoring grades at the close of each marking period to ensure success (all grades)
- filling out interest inventories to help identify careers (sophomores, juniors and seniors)
- Naviance: what is it and how can it help me? (sophomores, juniors, and seniors)
- The Common App: the ins and outs of this online undergraduate college application (seniors)
- college visits (juniors and seniors)
The Native American Counselor is Courtney Kwilos. She can be reached at CNS High School by phone at (315) 218-4212 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see the links listed below for information about grants and scholarships available for Native American students attending college!!!