2022 Summer Program InformationThe North Syracuse Central School District has several summer programs taking place at various schools. Through the auspices of the Onondaga-Cortland-Madison (OCM) BOCES, the NSCSD offers secondary summer school programs to students in grades 7-8 and 9-12. Students must meet the summer school eligibility requirements to enroll in these Regional Summer School Programs.
Regional Summer School Programs will take place at Ray Middle School (7650 Vanburen Road) in Baldwinsville for high school students and at North Syracuse Junior High School (5353 West Taft Road) in North Syracuse for middle school students. Semester 1 runs from July 11 through July 26 and Semester 2 runs from July 27 through August 15. Block 1 is from 8 a.m. to 10:10 a.m. and Block 2 is from 10:20 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
There is also a high school credit recovery (APEX) program taking place at Cicero-North Syracuse High School. Eligible students should have already received correspondence regarding this program.
Busing for students in the North Syracuse Central School District is provided at group stops. Click here to view summer school bus information.
For transportation-related phone calls, please contact the NSCSD Transportation Department at 315-218-2107.
Click here for additional information about the OCM BOCES Regional Summer School program.
OCM BOCES also provides summer school programs for students with special needs as determined by the CSE. The BOCES Program provides support for school age students, while the North Syracuse Early Education Program (Main Street School) delivers support for preschool students.
Contact Numbers for:
- Transportation Office: 315-218-2107
- Summer Learning Program (students going into 1st – 4th grades) at Roxboro Road Elementary School: 315-218-2730 (Shannon Haynes, program administrator)
- Summer Learning Program (students going into grades 5th – 7th) at Smith Road Elementary School: 315-218-2800 (Lyndsey Maloney, program administrator/principal)
- OCM BOCES Regional Summer School (Grades 9-12) at Ray Middle School: 315-431-8502 (Chaz-Lit Doyle, principal; Daniell Leroux, assistant principal)
- OCM BOCES Regional Summer School (Grades 7-8) at North Syracuse Junior High School: 315-218-3642 (Main Office), 315-218-3648 (Principal) or 315-218-3645 (Nurse) (Jen Szkotak, principal; Dylan Lawless, assistant principal)
- OCM BOCES Special Education Summer School (Grades K-12) at Roxboro Road Middle School: 315-218-3335 (Main Office) or 315-218-3336 (Nurse)
- North Syracuse Summer Success Academy (Grades 8-9) at North Syracuse Junior High School - Main Office: 315-218-3611 (Kristen Hill, principal)
- North Syracuse PreK Summer Program at North Syracuse Early Education Program: 315-218-2202 (Dawn Hussein, principal)
- APEX Credit Recovery at Cicero-North Syracuse High School: 315-218-4100 (Jamie Sullivan, principal)
Summer School Registration Questions for NSCSD Students:7th Grade Students:
- Roxboro Road Middle School: 315-218-3320 (Jana Keefe)
- Gillette Road Middle School: 315-218-3027 (Diane Skapura)
8th and 9th Grade Students:
- North Syracuse Junior High School: 315-218-3602 (Guidance Office) or 315-218-3622 (Udey Hanschu)