October 19 Board of Education Meeting to be Held in Person with Registration Required by October 16The North Syracuse Central School District Board of Education will be holding their regular meeting on Monday, October 19, 2020. Members of the public will be allowed to attend the meeting with the following restrictions in place in order to comply with state regulations for large gatherings:
- To limit attendance to fewer than 50 people (including Board Members, District Clerk and presenters), no more than 33 individuals from the public will be allowed into the building.
- Anyone who would like to attend the meeting must pre-register by 4 P.M. on Friday, October 16. To pre-register, contact Connie Gibson, the District Clerk, at firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline. Any requests received after 4 P.M. on Friday, October 16 will not be accepted. If you have not pre-registered to attend the meeting, you will not be allowed into the building.
- In order to provide adequate space for social distancing, audience members will be seated in the building's gymnasium, rather than the Board Meeting Room, and will view the meeting on the Smartboard in the gym. Seats will be spaced out 6 feet apart.
Individuals who have pre-registered to attend the Board Meeting must:
- Enter the building no later than 5:50 P.M. on October 19 so that the below protocols can be administered. If you arrive after 5:50 P.M. you will not be allowed into the building.
- Properly wear a face mask and it must cover your mouth and nose the entire time you are in the building.
- Have their temperature taken immediately upon entering the building. Any individual that has a temperature of 100 degrees Fahrenheit or higher will have to leave the building immediately and will not be able to attend the meeting.
- Complete a COVID-19 Contact Tracing Sheet.
Pre-registered speakers will be called into the Board Meeting Room and seated at the presentation table to make comments using the following guidelines:
- If there are multiple individuals who are speaking on the same topic, you are encouraged to send one representative to the meeting to speak on the group's behalf.
- Speakers have 3 minutes to present their remarks.
- The Board of Education will not engage in conversation or answer questions during this portion of the meeting.
- Issues involving particular students or employees are not permissible topics during the public meeting. Employee or student concerns should be addressed to the Superintendent of Schools during regular business hours.