|HAND HYGIENE PLAN
||The North Syracuse Central School District has built staggered hand washing times for students and staff into building schedules. Hand hygiene procedures have been enhanced to include:
The North Syracuse Central School District will provide the following:
- The preferred method of traditional hand washing (with soap and warm water, lathering for a minimum of 20 seconds);
- Use of alcohol-based hand sanitizers (60% or greater) will be available in all spaces lacking access to a hand washing station;
- The NSCSD will provide hand sanitizer throughout common areas, near high touch surfaces, and use touch free dispensers when possible;
- Signs will be posted near hygiene stations stating that visibly soiled hands should be washed with soap and water;
- Students or staff unable to use hand sanitizer will be permitted to wash their hands with soap and water; and
- The District will promote proper hand washing before and after meals, after recess or physical education, before and after removing PPE, and other times, as appropriate.
Students and staff will be trained on proper hand hygiene.
- Facilities and supplies for hand washing including soap and water;
- Paper towels and touch free paper towel dispensers where feasible (air dryers have been removed and disabled from all buildings);
- No-touch trash cans (no lid);
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizers with at least 60% alcohol or disinfectant hand wipes; and
- Time in the schedule to allow for frequent hand washing.
|WHEN TO WASH
- Upon entering the building OR upon arriving to the classroom;
- After using shared objects or surfaces (e.g. electronic devices, musical instruments, writing utensils, tools, toys, desks or table tops);
- Before and after snacks and meals;
- After using the bathroom;
- After helping a student with toileting;
- After sneezing, wiping or blowing nose, or coughing into hands;
- After coming in from outdoors; and
- Anytime hands are visibly soiled.
||Click here for CDC Guidance on Handwashing.