District Launches Website for Sharing Important Information Regarding COVID-19
|New York State has confirmed that the novel coronavirus 19 (COVID-19) is in the state. While the virus has not been found locally, there are concerns about what will happen if the virus is found in the District.
The North Syracuse Central School District is currently working with other local school districts and the Onondaga County Health Department to obtain information and provide guidance to staff and families. In an effort to share information as quickly as possible, we have developed a website for this purpose.
The District is following the cleaning and disinfection recommendations recently put out by the New York State Health Department, focusing on specific high-risk locations. Information from the Health Department has been shared with all Facilities Department staff.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol- based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing. If you use a tissue, throw it in the trash.
- Routinely clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
For the most up to date information about COVID-19, be sure to check our website (www.nscsd.org/updates) dedicated to updating the community about this important health issue.