District Still Accepting Universal Pre-K RegistrationsThe North Syracuse Central School District still has spots available and is still accepting registrations for its Universal Pre-Kindergarten program. Because of the Coronavirus and building closure, we will only be accepting applications through email (to firstname.lastname@example.org) or by mail to NSCSD, 5355 West Taft Rd., North Syracuse, NY, 13212.
To be eligible for the District's UPK program, children must live in the North Syracuse Central School District and be four years old on or before December I, 2020. Classes will not be picked until July and letters will go out to parents on or before July 31. This program is funded by a state grant and is subject to the passage of the New York State budget. There will be no charge to parents. If your child qualifies for the program, he/she will be enrolled at one of the following sites (based on address or sitter location):
- Learn As You Grow, Inc. at 5684 South Bay Road Cicero, NY 13039
- Learn As You Grow, Inc. at 8381 Elta Drive Cicero, NY 13039
- Northminster Early Childhood Center at 7444 Buckley Road, North Syracuse, NY 13212
- Completed NSCSD Registration Packet
- Proof of residency - (Current National Grid, Home Phone Bill, signed Lease or Mortgage Statement
- Valid Proof of Birth
- Up-to-date Immunization records
- Updated physical or proof of scheduled upcoming appointment - child's physical cannot be more than a year old
- Valid Parent Identification (Driver's license)
The program at Northminster will be a half-day either in the morning (9:15 a.m. - 11 :45 a.m.) or an afternoon session (12:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.) five days a week and will follow the North Syracuse Central School District school calendar. There will be an Open House during the summer for students that have been assigned. For further information regarding the program at Northminster, please contact Nora Duclos at (315) 458-2669.
Click here to download the entire UPK registration packet for 2020.