Discrimination, Harassment, Bullying, and Cyber-Bullying Incident Reporting Protocol
North Syracuse Junior High School students who need assistance with bullying, discrimination, and/or harassment can contact the following staff members:
|Parent Reporting||Parents who need assistance with bullying, discrimination, and harassment should take the following steps:
|Counselors, Psychologists, and Social Workers||Phone||Administrators||Phone|
|North Syracuse Junior High School||315-218-3600||Mr. Charles Yonko, Associate Principal||315-218-3613|
|Mr. Pat Scullion, Counselor (A-Cr)||315-218-3626||Ms. Kristen Hill, Associate Principal||315-218-3614|
|Mr. Wil Whittico, Counselor (Cs-Hes)||315-218-3627||Ms. Constance Turose, NSJHS – Building Principal||315-218-3602|
|Mrs. Molly Murphy, Counselor (Het-Mat)||315-218-3631|
|Mrs. Laurie Gadsden, Counselor (Mau-Ru)||315-218-3628||Ms. Lisa Goldberg, District DASA Coordinator||315-218-2134|
|Mr. Mark Kulakowski, Counselor (Ry-Z)||315-218-3630||Assistant Superintendent||315-218-2100|
|Mrs. Bonnie Marini, Psychologist (8th)||315-218-3634||Associate Superintendent||315-218-2100|
|Mrs. Jennifer Cerankowski, Psychologist (9th)||315-218-3606||Superintendent||315-218-2100|
|Mrs. Elizabeth Blatt, Social Worker||315-218-3632|
- Student or adult files an incident report.
- School administration investigates incident within 48 hours.
- Parents are notified of the outcome of the investigation to the extent privacy rights allow.
- The incident and outcome of the investigation are documented.
- A determination will be made regarding whether the incident constitutes a violation of the Dignity for All Students Act and will be reported to NYSED accordingly.
- Corrective measures and/or disciplinary consequences will be administered if warranted.
- A follow up meeting will be held with students directly involved in any incident considered a DASA violation to determine if the issue is resolved or if further corrective action is necessary.
- Confidentiality will be maintained throughout the entire process.