OPEN ENROLLMENT – June 2019
The open enrollment period for health insurance is scheduled for June 3, 2019 - June 14, 2019 from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m (Monday through Friday).
The effective date for any changes or enrollments will be September 1, 2019. This enrollment period is designed to give employees the opportunity to:
- Enroll in Excellus PPO and Excellus EPO coverage.
- Change status of coverage. (i.e., single to family, etc.)
- Add vision, dental or term life insurance to medical coverage.
- Change beneficiary information on Group Term Life Insurance policy.
- Supply the Business Office with required dependent information for health, vision or dental coverage. For enrollment purposes only, the following documents must be provided to change companies, or to add coverage:
* Dependent Children - Birth Certificates and Social Security numbers are required
* Spouses - Marriage Certificates and Social Security numbers are required
Please note you will be required to complete an enrollment form, as well as a carrier change/application form.
If you do NOT wish to make changes to your coverage, you do not need to come to the Business Office.
During this period, Excellus PPO and Excellus EPO will accept anyone who wants to be covered. There are two times during the year employees will be given the opportunity to obtain insurance or change companies:
- November – effective January 1st
- June – effective September 1st
Please note the company has the opportunity to deny coverage at times other than open enrollment. There is an important exception -- new employees have thirty (30) days within which to enroll.
- Group Term Life, Vision and Dental coverage are available to all employees who are eligible for health coverage.
- Those who wish to enroll should do so during open enrollment.
Health insurance representatives from Excellus, MVP Gold, Ameritas and Guardian will be available to answer your questions on the following dates in the cafeteria at the Administrative Offices:
Excellus, MVP Gold, Ameritas & Guardian:
Wednesday, June 5th from 3:30 – 5:00 PM
Thursday, June 6th from 3:30 – 5:00 PM