Annette Speach - Superintendent of Schools
5355 West Taft Road
North Syracuse, NY 13212
Main Phone: (315) 218-2100
Main Fax: (315) 218-2185
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
The North Syracuse Central School District serves the communities of North Syracuse, Clay, Cicero, Bridgeport, and Mattydale/Hinsdale. More than 8,500 students attend our six elementary schools, two middle schools, junior high and high school each day.
The students, residents and staff of the North Syracuse Central School District will work collaboratively to ensure a respectful and diversified learning environment.
Our collective focus is to provide educational experiences and opportunities that inspire students to reach their individual potential as productive citizens.
1. Increase student achievement to prepare our students for college and careers in a global economy
2. Foster a supportive culture and environment amongst all members of our school community
- Integrate the Common Core Learning Standards to meet the needs of the 21st Century Learner
- Increase the capacity and utilization of effective instructional practices through
- student engagement
- questioning techniques
- synthesis/critical thinking/problem solving
- formative assessment and feedback
- technology integration
3. Provide fiscal stability to support student learning
- Demonstrate mutual respect at all times
- Provide opportunities for collaboration
- Cultivate trust through consistent actions
- Explore innovative strategies for using time
- Maintain and promote a safe environment
- Prepare a balanced budget in a timely manner, transparent in its development and understood by all constituents
- Be accountable for utilizing all resources appropriately in accordance with state and federal requirements
- Maximize state aid and grant funds