The North Syracuse Central School District works with community groups and organizations that sponsor activities of an educational/enrichment nature for students and staff by distributing relevant informational materials electronically. In an effort to be more environmentally friendly, utilize technology, and maintain fiscal responsibility, we have moved from distributing paper copies to digital flyer delivery via Peachjar, a free online service for schools.
E-flyers will now be emailed directly to parents’ inboxes, as well as posted online for easy access. Paper flyers from outside organizations will no longer be distributed within the schools.
Once a flyer is posted to a school's Peachjar site, parents can view the flyer through the Peachjar link on each individual school’s home page. Additionally, flyers will be delivered to all parents' emails as an embedded image, not a link. This means parents will immediately see the flyer and be able to click through to an organization's website to sign-up.
Our Peachjar Sites:
Want to Submit a Flyer?
Peachjar charges organizations a fee to use this service that is typically less than the cost to copy and deliver flyers to each school. To post a flyer, register at www.peachjar.com, and select your desired school(s). The flyer is then automatically submitted to the district for approval. If approved, the flyer will be delivered to all parents and posted online.
- Flyers not generated by the North Syracuse Central School District or any of its individual schools must include the following disclaimer: "The North Syracuse Central School District does not endorse and is not responsible for any business, services or event advertised in this flyer."
- All promotional materials must be submitted at least two weeks prior to distribution, if possible.
To request flyer approval:
- Visit www.peachjar.com.
- Register as an "Enrichment Provider" (account type).
- Upload flyer for approval. District staff will then review the material and approve or deny the request based on the standards below.
The North Syracuse Central School District approves the distribution of:
Flyers that promote an educational experience for students or parents, a healthy use of leisure time and/or a special enrichment activity not duplicated by the North Syracuse Central School District or an affiliated program.
The North Syracuse Central School District does not approve the distribution of:
- Materials for projects, activities or programs that would publicize or promote a particular church, religious organization or religious viewpoint.
- Materials for projects, activities or programs that would publicize or promote a particular political party, political organization or political viewpoint.
- Materials for projects, activities or programs that would publicize or promote a for-profit business.
- Materials for events deemed by the district as not suitable for children.
- Materials that violate the district's Code of Conduct Policy 1240.1 .