Allen Road Elementary School
KWS Bear Road Elementary School
Cicero Elementary School
Lakeshore Road Elementary School
Roxboro Road Elementary School
Smith Road Elementary School
Gillette Road Middle School
Roxboro Road Middle School
North Syracuse Junior High School
Cicero-North Syracuse High School
Early Education Program at Main Street School
The mission of the North Syracuse Central School District Library Information Literacy Program is to ensure that students become lifelong learners and readers who are effective users of ideas and information.
The mission of the North Syracuse Central School District Library Department is accomplished by:
- Collaborating with teachers to infuse information literacy into all curricular areas in support of student achievement.
- Engaging students, teachers, principals, district-level administrators, and parents as partners.
- Providing and organizing equitable access to information in all formats.
- Providing a student-centered environment that promotes the development of information literacy and the use of technology.
The role of the library media specialist is to:
- Collaborate with classroom teachers to plan, implement and teach information literacy skills that are integrated with curriculum and content area standards
- Instruct students in how to locate, analyze, evaluate, organize and present information
- Instruct students and staff on ethical uses of information
- Participate in the design and facilitates the implementation of instructional technologies through collaboration with classroom teachers
- Participate on building and district level curriculum design and technology planning teams
- Promote reading and literature appreciation by providing book talks, book sharing, author visits, and reading guidance
- Manage and build collections to support the curriculum
- Develop and ensures a student-centered environment that promotes the development of information literacy and the use of technology
- Evaluate information resources in all formats and selects the best to support student achievement
- Develop, provide and organize multiple access points to information so that teachers and students can access effectively and efficiently
- Participate in continuing educational activities to remain current about changes in information technologies
- Advocate for and promote the library program to the school and local communities
- Organize and manage personnel, budgets, equipment, and facility usage and design
- Act as a link to other libraries and off site resources