Baseball 7th/8th Grade
7/8/9 Baseball Tryout Information
1. No Paperwork = No Tryout. Please turn your paperwork (packet) into the nurses office of your school at any date AFTER FEBRUARY 24 and BEFORE MARCH 13!
- Dates of tryouts are March 23 – March 27 and March 30 – April 2. A first cut will be made on Friday, March 27. Both teams (7/8 & 8/9) will be chosen at the latest Thursday, April 2. First day - Monday, March 23 – JHS gyms 5 – 7 PM.
- The gym times for the first week of tryouts (March 23 – March 27) are 3/23 – 5 – 7 JHS, 3/24 – 5 – 7 (Pitchers and Catchers Only - JHS), 3/25 – 5 – 7 JHS, 3/26 7:00 – 9:30 at CNS HS, and 3/27 5 – 7 JHS. Players must get a ride to and from the JHS and High School for the first week of tryouts. Starting Monday, March 30, tryouts and practices will be from 3 – 5 PM at the JHS and all players will have to get a ride home from the JHS after practice is done.
- On Tuesday, March 24, tryouts will be for PITCHERS AND CATCHERS ONLY! If you do not pitch or catch, you do not have to show up.
- For all of tryouts, we will attempt to get outside, even if it is just in a parking lot, so dress accordingly.
- The dress code for tryouts is baseball pants preferred, if not, warm-ups or sweatpants, NO SHORTS. Bring a hat, long-sleeved shirts for pitchers, glove, bat (if you own one), sneakers, and cleats (no metal spikes). Also, if you can, wear a shirt with your name on it.
7. Tryouts will be based on a physical fitness test (shuttle run, base running sprint, mile, push-ups, and sit-ups) and each player will be assessed on their throwing, fielding, hitting, and attitude. An evaluation form will be given to each player at the end of tryouts.
- The players will be asked to tryout at their best position in the field. We cannot have players changing positions during tryouts unless asked by a coach. Pitchers will have their own date to throw (March 24).
Mr. Gates' Web Site
5979 Route 31
Cicero, New York 13039