David Shaw, Principal
Linda Jackson, Associate Principal
3/28-30 - NYS ELA Assessments
4/4 - PTO Meeting, 6:00 p.m.
4/6 & 4/7 - Musical
Spring Fling Dances
5th Grade: Wednesday April 26th (2:45 pm-4:15 pm)
6th Grade: Thursday April 27th (2:45 pm-4:15 pm)
7th Grade: Thursday April 27th (6:00-8:00 pm)
- If you have already handed in money and a permission slip for the St. Patrick’s Dances, we will keep it and honor that for the upcoming dances.
- If you are not able to attend the revised dates/times, please call the RRMS Main Office (315-218-3300) and provide your information and we will refund your money.
- If you want to attend the new dances and have not already handed in money and a permission slip, new permission slips will be distributed and collection dates will take place April 11-13th only!
YEARBOOK SALES WILL TAKE PLACE THIS MONTH.
PLEASE ORDER NOW BEFORE THEY ARE ALL SOLD OUT!!
TO ORDER, GO TO YearbookOrderCenter.com and use Order #3212 to secure your yearbook and SAVE $2, as well!
Our Family Connections team, in conjunction with the RRMS Music Department, has a family project for you and your student(s) to do. Please sit down with your child and talk about the music you loved when you were their age. Maybe you can play them some of your favorite songs! Together, fill out the information below and send it back to school with your child. We plan on sharing some of the student’s findings on our morning announcements through the month of March! Have fun and ROCK ON!!!!!
March is Music in our Schools Month
MORNING DROP OFF PROCEDURE
In an effort to keep our students safe as they are dropped off in the morning, an area has been striped in the upper lot for parents to safely drop off students to walk to the crosswalk and to the school. Please pull ahead to drop your child off.
The security guard will be assisting with the drop off in the upper lot.
PARKING LOT SAFETY CONCERN FOR WALKERS
Parents of walkers, please instruct your child to NOT walk or cut through the parking lots, but to use the sidewalks when walking to and from school.
Thank you for your cooperation in keeping our school safe!
Any questions or concerns, please contact David Shaw, Principal, at 218-3302.
RRMS has implemented some proactive steps to ensure the safety of all of our students, staff, families, and visitors. The front doors to the school will now be locked all day until 4:00 p.m. From 4:00-4:15, the doors will remain unlocked for extra-curricular activities.
To help make this procedure a success, please review the steps listed below:
- Push the button on the wall to the right of the front door and the School Security Guard will buzz you in.
- Use the 2nd door that is marked, “Enter this Door.”
- After entering, report immediately to the School Security Guard’s desk with your ID to be scanned.
- The School Security Guard will issue a visitor pass and direct you to the correct location.
- If you will be picking up your student on a regular or daily basis, fill out the After School Student Daily Pickup Form (see below) and return to the Attendance Office.
- These students are picked up at the end of the day from Dining Room A.
The Administrative Team would like to thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding with this new procedure. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us at (315) 218-3300.
Student Pick Up Form
During the school year, your son or daughter may have the opportunity to have his/her photo taken, video image and voice recorded, and/or art and written work published in connection with a school district activity or program. Your child’s photo (image,) school work and/or name may be published in local newspapers, posted (displayed) on the district’s Internet site, or used by the requesting organization (local TV or print media) for their programming, i.e., backup and their news stories.
If you DO NOT want your child’s picture, name or schoolwork to be used in newspaper articles, video, and/or district publications, including our district’s website, please inform your school principal in writing.
In an effort to save dollars on printing and mailing costs, the RRMS LYNX Newsletter is available only as an electronic publication via this website and e-mail.