Thank you to everyone who attended the April booster club meeting on Thursday, April 11th. You will find the meeting minutes posted below!!
Monthly meeting dates:
Monday, September 10th
Monday, January 7th
Monday, February 4th
Monday, March 4th
Monday, April 8th
Tuesday, May 7th
Monday. June 3rd
All meetings will start at 6:00 in the Gillette Road Middle School cafeteria!
Minutes from meetings posted below under related files
This past spring, the Northstars baseball booster club asked parents to complete surveys to give suggestions on how we can make the booster club more efficient for everyone invloved. We received a lot of valuable input and tried to tailor the individual committees to the feedback we received. We understand that parents are extremely busy and we wanted to give an opportunity to hear from everyone who may not attend the monthly booster club meetings. Hopefully, this year, parents/guardians from all levels will take the time to participate on a committee or simply attend the monthly booster club meetings starting in January if they choose. As you can see, there will only be six other than the organizational meeting on Septemebr 10th. Listed below are the committees the Northstar Baseball Booster Club will be made up of for the 2013 season. We have outlined the responsibilities of each committee in hopes to give you some background and direction. The purpose of this outline is to make our monthly booster club meetings more productive. Feel free to explore anything else that your particular committee thinks might benefit the program. Your committee can meet as often as you like. Basically, on the nights we have booster club meetings we will simply ask the different committees to report to the club the progress they are making or have made. Our hope is that parents will join a particular committee to make the Northstars Baseball Booster Club monthly meetings more efficient. This will allow parents to be involved in the booster club process without having to come to the monthly meetings. I will be asking the coaches as well to participate in the committee process to put more emphasis on the player, parent, and coach relationship since together we are trying to achieve the same common goal(s) as we build and grow the Northstars Baseball Booster Club.
Remember, the Northstars Baseball Booster Club is a support group for the Northstars Baseball program and a reflection of the North Syracuse Central School District. The executive board of the booster club along with the coaching staff will have the final say in all booster club related activities since they are the ones who have to report directly back to the school district and be accountable for the actions of the Northstars Baseball Booster Club. Again, as always, on behalf of the kids and coaches in the program we want to thank you for your time and commitment to the program and hope that re-aligning the booster club process will make the tasks of the booster club a lot easier.
Booster Club Officers
President – Kimber Cummings (Replace Dan Pastuf after the 2010 season)
Secretary – Heather Frawley ( Replaced Jamie Marano in 2011)
Treasurer – John Howell
Jeff Nesci (Replaced Jamie Marano in 2011)
Joe Marzullo (Replaced Jason Shannon in 2012)
Kimber Cummings (Replaced Joanne Rinella in 2009)
Heather Frawley (Replaced Dan Pastuf in 2011)
John Howell (Replaced Lisa Morgan in 2005)
Hitting/Homerun Derby Committee
1) The Hitting Derby is one of our two major fundraisers for the season. This committee will be asked to plan and organize the activities for the night. For example, distribution of sponsor sheets, explanation of Hitting Derby to parents and players at parent meetings, arrangement of food from different teams for all the participants in the program for the night, and finally collection of the monies after the Hitting Derby. Anything else the committee can come up with to help the Hitting Derby grow and get better each and every year. The Hitting Derby will be scheduled once Coach Rockwell completes the J.V. and Varsity schedule this fall. The Hitting Derby will be held at the Gillette Road complex.
1) Reserve a day and price for the J.V. and Varsity banquet. (Last years banquet was at Driver’s Village) Schedule a date for the banquet and check with other conflicts. (Ex. Summer games, award nights, etc..) The two lower level teams will be having their own celebration this year. We have been talking about this for a couple of years and have decided to give it a try to see how it goes. Parents and coaches from this level will brainstorm the possibilities on this committee but this celebration will be less formal than the J.V. and Varsity banquet.
2) Send out a flyer during the season to all the players and parents in the program about the end of the season celebration for their particular level. Then, have parents RSVP the number of people attending so the booster club has a head count.
3) Decorate, organize and plan activities for the evening.
Public Relations/Alumni Committee
Coach Marzullo will lead this committee along with alumni. The other coaches who are alumni will help out as well.
1) Research ways to involve the community in the activities of the Northstar Baseball Booster Club. For example, posters, mailing schedules etc… It may be beneficial to contact those individuals who participated in the alumni game last year and research ways to make it better.
2) Organize Paver Project and Wall of Distinction Honoree(s) A committe has been formed with two alumni from each decade to decide who the Wall of Distinction honoree is each year.
3) Contact alumni about alumni activities and other booster club events. This can be done in correlation with the golf tournament committee.
Golf Tournament Committee
1) Solicit local businesses to see if they would be interested in sponsoring a hole sponsor, flag sponsor, or door prize at the golf tournament.
2) Contact Northern Pines Country Club to confirm date and times of tournament. Basically, cover all the details for that day.
3) Advertise the golf tournament. Develop a flyer (could use the same format as last year) to pass out to everyone who might be interested in playing in or supporting the golf tournament.
4) With the help of others in the club, organize the events for the day of the tournament. Mrs. Cummings will organize this committee but they will need volunteers to make this event as successful as it has been in the past.
1) Plan and organize Pancake breakfast for the program. This year we will only be having one pancake breakfast for the entire program.
Miscellaneous activities the Northstars Baseball Booster Club sponsors:
These activities we can discuss as a group rather than developing a committee for.
Team Parent Reps –
Player packages/Clothing orders
John Ilacqua Tournament/Scholarships (Dan Pastuf will continue to organize)
Strength and Conditioning Program
High School Baseball Showcase
||"doc file: You need the Microsoft Word program, a free Microsoft Word viewer, or a program that can import Word files in order to view this file. To learn more about the free Microsoft Word Viewer, visit the Microsoft Word website."
||"docx file: You need the Microsoft Word program, a free Microsoft Word viewer, or a program that can import Word files in order to view this file. To learn more about the free Microsoft Word Viewer, visit the Microsoft Office Viewer for Word 2007 File Format."