Promoting good health and wellness is one of the objectives of the North Syracuse Central School District and is
fundamental to the achievement of all other objectives. School health services are an essential component of the total school program. Therefore, provisions for school health have become important for all students.
The health office’s main functions are to:
- Attend to the daily medical needs of students
- Complete medical screening of students’ vision and hearing
- Supervise athletic and school physical examinations
- Administer medication prescribed by a physician or dentist
- Process physical education, medical and daily absence excuses
- Maintain student medical records
- Issue working papers and school lunch forms
- Attend to all accidents and emergencies
- Contact parents concerning student health problems
The school nurse is available to talk with parents regarding any health problems or to discuss community resources. The telephone numbers for each school nurse's office are listed below. Additionally, links to individual school building health office webpages are provided by clicking on the school name.
Information regarding immunizations is available by clicking here.
||"docx file: You need the Microsoft Word program, a free Microsoft Word viewer, or a program that can import Word files in order to view this file. To learn more about the free Microsoft Word Viewer, visit the Microsoft Office Viewer for Word 2007 File Format."