SIRS Researcher and Renaissance
SIRS Researcher provides timely information on up to date topics from a variety of newspapers, magazines, and other reliable sources. It features maps, graphics, charts, political cartoons, and a Pro Con section that provides students with an easy to understand description of the issue. Click the Database Features tab to explore more.
SIRS Renaissance provides information and images for contemporary art, music, culture, literature, architecture and design, multimedia, performing arts, and performing arts. Click the Database Features tab to explore more.
Tips for using:
- Using the Basic Search, Topic Search, or Pro Con Search is generally recommended.
- This database searches full-text of the entire database so it can be difficult to retrieve exactly what you want. Be sure to see your school librarian if you can't find what you want.
- Look for the citation link to the right to access the MLA citation.
- The My List feature allows you to tag and create bibliography of articles and then email them to yourself. Note: the list will not be there the next time you log in, it only lasts one session in school. At home, it may be different.
- Use the Advanced Search to search within the graphic titles to retrieve charts, graphs, pictorals, etc.
- SIRS Renaissance contains a "Notable People" subject tree search for articles related to various topic areas.