Types of information included:
PebbleGo is a K-3 database for emergent readers and is very easy to use! The database includes informational text, videos, printable note taking sheets, games, resources for educators, lesson plans, and reproducibles. Easy searching is provided by a graphic subject tree. You can also search by keyword.
NSCSD now subscribes to four modules within PebbleGo:
- Earth and Space
- Social Studies
Tips for using:
- Read the pages aloud or click on the Audio button to have the text highlighted and read.
- Navigate using easy to spot buttons within each module of the database.
- Navigate to another module by using the easy to view buttons at the top of each page.
- There is a "Citation" icon (the pencil at the bottom of the page) that provides a citation that can be copied and pasted to a word document.
- Clicking on the video icon shows a video that is paired with the informational text. These videos could make great writing prompts.
- Guided inquiry is supported by suggestions of other subjects that the student could choose to read from.
- Each article has an activity icon (the crayon) that pops up a printable note-taking page for students to complete as they read about the topic.
- Some articles have timelines or media associated with them. Explore these at the bottom of the page.
- Reproducibles and other activities can be found by clicking on the Teacher Resources button at the very bottom of the page.