Types of information included:
There are over 200 fiction and non-fiction titles included in TumbleBook Library with more being added all the time. There are videos, games, puzzles, lesson plans, and a student book report section. Read-alongs are longer chapter books. You can view the Common Core elements using the Common Core Portal.
"The TumbleBookLibrary is a collection of licensed titles from children's book publishers such as Simon & Schuster, Chronicle Books, Candlewick Press, Charlesbridge Press, Harcourt, Little Brown, Walker & Company, Lerner Books, and HarperCollins Publishers, amongst others.
The TumbleBookLibrary provides enrichment to students who are reading independently with a variety of high interest material. It also provides support to students who require skill building with a variety of exercises that can be matched with other areas of the curriculum. In general, TumbleBooks are a great addition to a reading program that can be worked on independently by each student or by the whole class. It has been exceptionally well received by ESL and Special Education teachers.
The TumbleBookLibrary collection is accessed online from every computer in your school or library with Internet connection, or from home through a direct link on your school or library website."
Tips for using:
- View the book in automatic setting and the pages will advance automatically.
- Use manual setting to advance the pages on prompting.
- Use the pause button to prompt students with a question before continuing.
- Use the search box to search by title, author, illustrator, reading level, books with videos, and Common Core.
- There is a second search box that lets you narrow down your choices.
- You can use the MyCoud feature to add books to your favorites. The MyCould feature requires you to log in to be able to use it.
- The product will translate into French and Spanish by using the drop down menu at the top of the page. There are also Chinese and Russian titles included in the collection.
- Features include online quizzes and an online book report that can be created and printed.
- There do not seem to be any persistent links in this database.